Richa Chadda is an Indian actress who works in Hindi films. After debuting in a small role in the comedy film Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, her breakthrough came in 2012 with a supporting role in the noir gangster saga Gangs of Wasseypur, where her role as the bellicose and foul-tongued wife of a gangster earned her a Filmfare award. In 2015, Chadda made her debut in a leading role with the drama Masaan.
Richa Chadda was born on 18 December 1986 in Amritsar, Punjab. Her father owns a management firm and her mother, Kusum Lata Chadda, is a professor of political science at PGDAV College of Delhi University, who has authored two books and also works with Gandhi Smriti.
Read More : Janhvi Kapoor Bio, Age, Career and Profile
Richa Chadda began her career as a model and then she moved to theater. She has performed plays touring in India and Pakistan. Later, she also received her training under Barry John. She made her acting debut in a supporting role as Dolly in Dibakar Banerjee directed 2008 film Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!.
She appeared in the 2010 Comedy Film Benny comedy film Benny and Babloo as Fedora. In the meanwhile, a Kannada movie in which she had acted, titled Nirdoshi was released in 2010 after a delay of almost three years. In 2012, she played a pivotal role in Anurag Kashyap’s crime drama Gang of Wasseypur Part 1. The plot tells a story of power struggles, politics and vengeance among three crime families.
She reprised her role as Nagma Khatoon in the sequel Gang of Wasseypur Part 2. She next appeared in a supporting role as Rasila in Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed drama film Galiyon Ki Raasleela RamLeela, an adaptation of the Shakespearean tragedy of Romeo and Juliet. She received a nomination in IIFA Best Supporting Actress category for the role. She reprised her role as Bholi Punjaban in Fukrey Returns, a sequel to 2013 film Fukrey.
In January 2020, the actress had expressed solidarity with the students victimized in the JNU attack joining other actors from the film fraternity like Taapsee Pannu participating in a protest in Mumbai. Earlier, she opposed a police crackdown on Jamia Millia Islamia and Aligarh Muslim University students that took place on 15 December 2019 when students in these two campuses were protesting the India’s Citizenship Amendment Act.
Read More : Nora Fatehi Bio, Age, Career and Profile
Richa Chadda argues that religion in India has deteriorated into hypocrisy, whether in the treatment of women or in the celebration of festivals. Chadda filed a ‘public interest’ notice in May 2018 with an appeal to defend Hinduism from Hindutva sympathisers. Regarding her interreligious relationship with Ali fazal, Chadda says that there are no objections from either side because his parents understand love. She believes that once you discover love, you should retain it without worrying about anything else, and she found her love in Ali Fazal.
Richa Chadda Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||28 December 1988 / 34 Years (as in 2022)|
|Nick Name :||Ms. Fire|
|Full Name :||Richa Chadda|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Amritsar, Punjab, India / Delhi, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Capricorn|
|Religion :||Hinduism / Khatri|
|Height :|| 165 Cm
|Weight :||57 Kg|
|Body Measurement :||34-26-35|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
|Father :||Somesh Chadda|
|Mother :||Kusum Chadda|
|Brother(s) :||Pranav Chadda, Anshuman Chadda, Trishabh Chadda, Lokesh Chadda|
|Marital Status :||Unmarried|
|Spouse / Husband :||N/A|
|Affairs :||Nikhil Dwivedi, Franck Gastambide, Ali Fazal|
|Qualification :|| Bachelors in History
Post Graduate Diploma in Social Communications Media
|School :||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College / Universities :||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi ; Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai|
|Profession :||Actress, Model|
|Debut Film / TV / Party :||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)|
|Known For||Bholi Punjaban in Fukrey|
|Net Worth :||Rs 10 Cr (about)|
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies :||Playing sports and listening music|
|Favorite Food :||Biryani|
|Favorite Actor :||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Perfume :||Zara|
|Favorite Color :||Red|
|2015Best Actress (Critics) for “Gangs of Wasseypur” at Filmfare Awards||2013|
|Best Performance in a Comic Role for “Fukrey” at Screen Awards||2014|
|Editor’s Choice Performer of the Year for “Masaan” at Stardust Awards||2015|
Some Known Facts About Richa Chadda :
- Does Richa Chadda smoke?: No
- Does Richa Chadda drink alcohol?: Yes
- Richa incepted her career as a model initially, but later turned to theater and performed in some plays in India and Pakistan.
- She received theatre training from famous theatre director Barry John.
- In 2006, she directed and wrote a 20-minute documentary film called “Rooted In Hope.”
- In 2008, she participated in the “Gladrags Megamodel contest.”
- Just before getting her first acting offer, she was working as a writer for a magazine.
- When she was working for the magazine, she took Abhay Deol’s interview for the film “Ahista Ahista.”
- She won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for “Gangs of Wasseypur” in 2012.
- Richa is a cat lover and has 2 pet cats, Jugni and Kamli.
- In 2008, she participated in the Gladrags Megamodel contest.
- In 2012, she played a pivotal role as “Nagma Khatoon” in Anurag Kashyap‘s “Gangs of Wasseypur” for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critics).
- In May 2016, Chadda revealed in an interview that she had suffered from bulimia (an eating disorder) for several years.
- In 2021, she started her own film production company named Pushing Buttons Studios with her boyfriend Ali Fazal.
- Richa Chadha considers Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as her icon.
- She had also done advertisements for Minute Maid, Tata Sky, Archies Gallery, Virgin Mobile and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate.
Disclaimer : We Strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter Facebook Koo Instagram Telegram and Youtube or Mail us at email@example.com