Akshay Kumar is an Indian actor who works in Hindi film. He is famous among his fans as handsome hunk of Bollywood film industry. His real name is Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. Prior emerging as an actor he learnt martial arts and employed as a chef in Hong Kong. For his proficiency in martial arts he is frequently known as Bruce Lee of India.
Personal Life :
Akshay Kumar was born to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia in Amritsar, Punjab, India on 9 Sep 1967. He also has a sister, Alka Bhatia. From a young age, Akshay was very interested in sports. His father too enjoyed wrestling. He lived and grew up in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Mumbai. Also Read : Hrithik Roshan Bio, Age, Family, Career and Personal Life
Akshay received his school education from Don Bosco High School, Matunga, simultaneously learning Karate. He enrolled in Guru Nanak Khalsa College for higher education, but dropped out as he was not much interested in studies. He went to Bangkok to learn martial arts and lived in Thailand for five years learning Thai Boxing. He married renowned actress Twinkle Khanna, the daughter of actors Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia, on 17 January 2001. Together they have a son, and a daughter.
After Thailand, Akshay went to work in Kolkata in a travel agency, in Dhaka in a hotel as a chef and Delhi where he sold Kundan jewellery. Upon his return to Bombay, he commenced the teaching of martial arts. During this time, he started modelling. Then he worked as an assistant for photographer Jayesh Sheth for 18 months without payment to shoot his first portfolio. He also worked as a background dancer in various films. Also Read : Ranbir Kapoor Bio, Age, Family, Career and Profile
In 1991, he finally got an offer from film director Raj Sippy to appear as the lead actor opposite Raakhee and Shantipriya in his movie titled Saugandh, which though couldn’t earn well at Indian box office. It was Abbas Mustan’s thrilling movie Khiladi, which made him a superstar overnight. He has starred in action and thrilling movies such as Elaan, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Sabse Bada Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and Mohra. He starred in numerous films with the titled Khiladi such as Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and International Khiladi.
Akshay Kumar also appeared in a number of romantic movies like Dhadkan, Andaaz and Yeh Dillagi. In 2000, the film Hera Pheri was released which became a megahit. Akshay afterwards became a leading choice for film directors in comedy movies like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Awara Paagal Deewana, Phir Hera Pheri and Garam Masala. He also won a number of awards which involve Filmfare award for the Best Villain in Ajnabee, Filmfare award for the Best Comedian in Garam Masala, IIFA Awards for the Best Villain in Ajnabee and IIFA Awards for the Best Comedian in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. In 2012, he founded another production company called Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt Ltd.
Akshay Kumar Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||9 September 1967 / 52 years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Akki, Raju, Mac and Khiladi Kumar|
|Full Name :||Akshay Kumar / Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Nationality :||Canadian / Indian|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Virgo|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Punjabi Rajput|
|Height :||180 Cm|
|Weight :||80 Kg|
|Body Measurement :||Chest -42, Waist -34, Biceps – 16|
|Eye Color :||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color :||Black|
|Father :||Late Hari Om Bhatia|
|Mother :||Aruna Bhatia|
|Sister(s) :||Alka Bhatia|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Spouse / Wife :||Twinkle Khanna (17 January 2001)|
|Son(s) :||Aarav Kumar|
|Daughter(s) :||Nitara Kumar|
|Affairs :||Pooja Batra, Ayesha Jhulka, Raveena Tandon, Rekha, Shilpa Shetty, Priyanka Chopra, Twinkle Khanna|
|Qualification :||College Drop Out|
|School :||Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling|
|College / Universities :||Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Mumbai|
|Profession :||Actor, Producer|
|Debut :||Actor – Saugandh (1991)Producer – Joker (2012)|
|Net Income / Salary :||Rs 25 Crores / film (approx)|
|Net Worth :||$150 million (approx)|
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||203 A Wing, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(West), Mumbai 400053Ground Floor, Juhu Prime Beach Apartment, Gandhigram Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Hobbies :||Collecting posters of old Bollywood movies, cooking, martial arts, playing volleyball and cricket|
|Food Habit / Favorite Food :||Non Vegetarian / Thai green chicken curry, miso soup, sushi, sashimi, chocolate fudge|
|Favorite Actor :||Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favorite Actress||Sridevi, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Destination :||Mauritius, Goa, Canada|
|Favorite Color :||Black|
|Car / Bike Collection :||Porsche Cayenne, Honda CRV, Yamaha VMax, Harley Davidson|
Films of Akshay Kumar :
Saugandh, Khiladi, Elaan, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi, Sabse Bada Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Mohra, International Khiladi, Yeh Dillagi, Suhaag, Dil To Pagal Hai, Sangarsh, Jaanwar, Hera Pheri, Dhadkan, Ek Rishtaa, Ajnabee, Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya, Aankhen, Awara Paagal Deewana, Jaani Dushman, Talaash, Andaaz, Khakee, Police Force, Aan, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Aitraaz, Meri Biwi Ka Jawaab Nahin, Bewafaa, Waqt, Garam Masala, Deewane Huye Paagal, Dosti, Family, Mere Jeevan Saathi, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, Phir Hera Pheri, Jaan-E-Mann, Bhagam Bhag, Namastey London, Heyy Babyy, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Welcome, Housefull, Tashan, Singh Is Kinng, Chandni Chowk To China, Kambakht Isq, BLue, De Dana Dan, Khatta Meetha, Action Replay, Tees Maar Khan, Patiala House, Thank You, Desi Boyz, Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, Joker, OMG, OH My God, Khiladi 786, Special Chabbis, Once Upon ay Times in Mumbai Dobara, Boss, Holiday, Entertainment, BAby, Gabbar is Back, Singh is Bling, Airlift, Housefull 3, Rustom, Toilet : Ek Prem Katha, Padman, Kesari, 2.0, Mission Mangal, Housefull 4, Good Newwz, Laxmii, Bell Bottom, Sooryavanshi, Atrangi Re, Bachchan Paandey, Samrat Prithviraj.
Awards and Honors :
|2002||Filmfare Awards best villain for Ajnabee, IIFA Awards best villain awards for Ajnabee|
|2005||IIFA Awards best comedian award for Mujhse Shaadi Karogi|
|2006||Filmfare awards best comedian|
|2008||IIFA Special award from the host country Thailand
Stardust star of the year award male for Heyy Babyy and Namastey London
Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards best entertainment of the year
|2009||Indian Television Awards Radio Mirchi Presents best television Personality
Stardust readers choice best film award for Singh Is Kinng
Screen Awards for best actor popular choice for Sing Is Kinng
|2010||Stardust best actor popular awards male for Blue|
|2011||Stardust award for best actor in comedy or romance for Housefull and Tees Maar Khan
The Asian Awards outstanding achievement in cinema
|2012||Stardust award for best actor in a comedy or romance for Desi Boyz
Big Star Entertainment Awards most entertaining actor in an action thriller role male for Rowdy Rathore
Big Star Entertainment Awards complete entertainer of the year male
Big Star Entertainment Awards most entertaining social film for OMG
Big Star Entertainment Awards most entertaining actor in an action role for Rowdy Rathore
|2013||Stardust best actor action thriller for Rowdy Rathore|
|2014||Star Box Office Awards box office 1000 crore club hero|
|2015||Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards special Award for completing 25 years in the industry|
|2017||National Film Awards best actor for Rustom|
|2018||Zee Cine Awards Best Actor Male Viewers Choice for The State vs Jolly LLB 2|
|2019||National Awards for best film on social issues for Padman|
Some Known Facts About Akshay Kumar :
- Does Akshay kumar smoke? :No
- Does Akshay Kumar drink alcohol? :No
- Akshay Kumar was born in Amritsar in a Punjabi family and raised in Old Delhi, but later, he shifted to Koliwada in Mumbai.
- He also worked as a chef in a restaurant called Metro Guest House with the intention of earning his living.
- After settling in Mumbai, he also worked as a peon for a travel agency. He afterwards taught martial arts to individuals.
- He had his own portfolio shoot at the similar place which is now his own Juhu Bangalow.
- In the movie titled Aaj, he portrayed his 17 seconds debut act as a Karate Coach.
- In the early 90s, he went for the audition in Rajesh Khanna’s film Jai Shiv Shankar and waited at the sets for around 4 hours, but getting auditioned was another thing, he was not even able to meet him.
- His first signed film was Deedar whereas Saugandh was his first release.
- He was the first choice for the film Phool Aur Kaante, but his demand for more money passed the role to Ajay Devgan.
- He has played the role of a police officer in 15 films.
- Besides acting, he has also hosted in numerous TV shows titled Seven Deadly Arts with Akshay Kumar, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, MasterChef India Season 1, and Dare 2 Dance.
- He is a bit superstitious and has never written anything on a page unless he writes an Om on it.
- He is pretty emotional about the firsts in his life, as he has still kept his first car, motorcycle, and house.
- He is a fitness freak and does activities like basketball, swimming, kickboxing, and working out to stay in shape.
- He is known for his discipline, in fact he wakes up at 5 in the morning and most of his interviews are scheduled at 6 am.
- He is also addressed as New Age Manoj Kumar aka Bharat Kumar due to his phenomenal performances in the films named Namastey London, Holiday, Baby, Gabbar Is Back, and Airlift.
- In 2019, he took 4th spot in Forbes’s highest-paid actor’s list. He collected $65 million between 1 June 2018 and 1 June 2019.
- In an Instagram live session, while talking with wildlife adventurer Bear Grylls, he talked about the benefits of drinking cow urine, a practice that he follows daily.
- In the movie titled Aaj, he portrayed his 17 seconds debut act as a Karate Coach.
- He was named Rajiv Bhatia, but he changed it to Akshay before entering Bollywood.
- He starrer Boss entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest poster after beating Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’.
- He helped Twinkle Khanna with editing the drafts of her debut book Mrs Funnybones.
- He intended to open a martial arts school and the state government of Maharashtra allotted land for the school in Bhayandar.
- In 2004, he was honoured with the Rajiv Gandhi Award for his outstanding achievements in Bollywood.
- On 9 April 2017, Akshay and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh promoted a mobile phone app, Bharat Ke Veer, which allows users to donate money to families of people who sacrificed their lives for India.
Disclaimer : We Strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter Facebook Koo Instagram Telegram and Youtube or Mail us at email@example.com