The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a weather alert predicting heavy rainfall in several regions across India for Sunday. Here are the key details of the IMD’s weather forecast:
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall is expected in parts of Maharashtra due to the active southwest monsoon.
- The districts of North Konkan are likely to experience moderate to heavy rainfall at most places.
- South Konkan-Goa is expected to receive moderate rainfall at most places.
- North Madhya Maharashtra may witness heavy rainfall at many places.
- South Madhya Maharashtra may experience light to moderate rainfall at a few places.
- Isolated places in Marathwada could receive light to moderate rainfall.
- Southwest Monsoon remains active over the Gujarat region.
- There are chances of heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls at isolated places.
- Saurashtra & Kutch region in Gujarat is also likely to experience heavy rainfall at isolated places.
- Parts of southwest Madhya Pradesh are on high alert for heavy rainfall.
- Ghat areas of Madhya Pradesh may witness heavy rainfall.
- In other areas, moderate to heavy rainfall is anticipated.
- East Rajasthan, west Madhya Pradesh, and the Gujarat Region are expected to receive heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls at isolated places.
- West Rajasthan, Konkan & Goa, Uttarakhand, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, Madhya Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Karaikal are forecasted to have heavy rainfall at isolated places.
- Thunderstorms with lightning and gusty winds are expected at various isolated places across multiple regions, including Jammu-Kashmir-Ladakh-Gilgit-Baltistan-Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana-Chandigarh-Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Assam & Meghalaya, Saurashtra & Kutch, Telangana, and Karnataka.
- The IMD weather forecast serves as a crucial advisory for residents and authorities in these regions, helping them prepare for potential heavy rainfall and associated weather events. It is essential to stay updated with local weather reports and take necessary precautions to ensure safety during adverse weather conditions.